Special Offer: For a limited time only, we are offering a FREE video doorbell with the purchase of a home security system from Dynamark. Contact us today to take advantage of this offer!
Dynamark Security of Richmond is proud to offer our customers video doorbells from Skybell and Ring. These are smart doorbell that allow you to see and communicate with anyone standing outside your front door, even from miles away.
The doorbells come equipped with a motion sensor, HD camera, microphone, and speaker. When someone steps up to your door, it activates the camera and allows you to communicate with the person through an app you can install on your mobile device, even if they don’t ring the doorbell. In other words, it still works even if someone knocks on the door rather than ringing the doorbell.
The video below shows how the system works.
Video Doorbell Benefits
You might wonder why you need a video doorbell when you can just look through the peephole on your door and talk to the person on the other side. One of the main benefits of a video doorbell is that you can give someone outside your house the impression that you’re home, even when you aren’t.
Contrary to popular belief, most residential burglaries happen during the day, and most burglars won’t break into a house if they think someone is inside. It just isn’t worth the risk to them when they can just as easily pick another house to rob where nobody’s home.
Often, a burglar scoping out a house will attempt to verify that nobody is home by knocking on the front door or ringing the doorbell. If someone answers the door, they’ll make up a story to explain why they’re there and then leave. If nobody answers, they’ll start looking for an entry point into the home.
With a video doorbell, you’ll always be able to answer the door, even when you aren’t home. This means that a burglar won’t be able to use the method described above to verify the house is empty. If they do, they will at the very least know that their face has been captured on video, thus making it much less likely they’ll break in, even if they do suspect you aren’t actually home.
In addition to helping protect your house from burglars, a video doorbell also allows you to communicate with delivery people who are dropping off packages, just in case you need to give them special instructions.
Video Doorbell Benefits
Here are some of the top features of video doorbells:
- High Definition video allows you to see visitors in up to 1080p HD and 5x zoom.
- Record videos and take still pictures of your visitors and download them later.
- With live monitoring, you can start the video camera any time using the app, even if nobody is on your doorstep.
- Add multiple users so that several people can receive alerts when a visitor arrives.
- Motion sensors activate the system even if someone knocks on the door or simply stands outside the door, even if they don’t ring the bell.
- View any activity that has occurred during the day, including motion alerts, missed visitors, and answered video calls.
- With quiet mode, you can turn off the doorbell chime from the app to avoid disturbing pets or sleeping babies.
- The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.