Free Home Security System, best value, installation, monitoring, service, and advice call Dynamark Security!
Home security – who’s the best? Who offers the best equipment, installation, monitoring, service and the best advice (i.e. the best assessment of your security needs) at the best price? In other words, who offers the best value in home security in the Richmond, Petersburg, Fredericksburg Metro area? Well, Frank Pegram, owner of Dynamark Security of Richmond has some thoughts.
I was born in Petersburg, Va. and lived there until I was 22 years old. I’m not sure where I got my work ethic. My parents worked hard and I worked every summer. We weren’t rich, that’s for sure. I worked around the house until I was old enough to get a real job. I graduated from Hampden-Sydney College in 1979 and went to work for C & P Telephone even though I knew at some point I wanted to be in business for myself. I tried various sales jobs until a friend introduced me to security. I was attracted to home security for a lot of reasons – there was obviously a need. During the recession in the early 1980’s, a lot of break-ins were happening. Silver was at $40 per once and that triggered a lot of break-ins where that was the targeted item. Insurance was somewhat appealing to me, but it only compensated for a loss. A security system can actually prevent a loss and maybe even prevent something much worse.
Before I got in the business I talked to a lot of people who had been broken into – burglarized. You could tell, it psychologically effected them. It bothered them a lot! And of course it wasn’t just about the stuff that was stolen. Some people move after a break-in – it’s hard to handle. So I thought the security business offered an opportunity to help people prevent mental and material loss. And that’s one of the reasons I love this industry. When I’m talking to people about their home security needs, I don’t feel like I’m working – I feel like I am solving a problem they have. For example, I got a call recently from a close friend. He lives outside a small town that really hasn’t had any big issues with burglary but when he built a new home about 4 years ago, it made sense to install a home security system. They never really used it much but then the area had a rash of pretty bad break-ins. Several homes had their doors kicked in (by the way, many of them had dead bolts). The intruders – as usual – made a mess of the bedroom(s) looking for jewelry, cash, coins, guns – anything they could turn over for quick cash – and the break-ins happened right in the middle of the day. I don’t have to tell you this put a scare in a lot of people including my friend and his wife. Their biggest concern was his wife was going to come home one day and walk in on a burglar still in the home. She said she really didn’t want to go home any more until her husband got home. That’s not how it’s supposed to be! Your home is where you are supposed to feel the safest. That’s what an alarm system does – it gives you the peace of mind to know you are coming home to your house which is just as safe as it was when you left. And that’s what it has done for my friend. They are using it religiously now and it’s made a huge difference in how they feel about the safety of their home and family. Problem solved! That’s what I love about this business.
Here’s another example. My service manager told me today that we got a call from a gentleman that had us install a home security system about two weeks ago. He installed the system because someone had tried to kick in his front door. Well, he had another attempt! He told us he pulled into his driveway and started walking towards his front door and heard an alarm going off and was thinking who’s alarm is that? As he opened his front door of course he realized it was his – someone had kicked down his back door – deadbolt and all – and set the alarm off! Fortunately, they ran because of the alarm. Without the home security system, he would have walked right in on the intruder(s). You just can’t put a price on what the alarm saved that man and his family. It’s examples like these that keep me doing what I do.
That is why it is so important to me that my company – Dynamark Security of Richmond – offers the very best value in home security. I’ll talk more about this later but let me just give you a list of some of the things that set Dynamark Security apart from other companies:
1. Price – of course! We may be the only locally owned company that gives away a free basic system that doesn’t then sell the contract. I will definitely talk more about that later. But price is not all.
2. We will not compromise on the quality of the equipment we install. Every company can get good equipment today but not every company will put in the best.
3. We will not compromise on the quality of the installation either. For so many companies today, it is all about how fast they get the system installed so they can get to the next sale and next installation. Here at Dynamark, we are going to install it correctly and your home is going to look great when we leave. And your home security system is going to be installed by professional, curtious, licensed, trained technicians who are employees of our company – not sub-contractors or part time help.
4. Oh and by the way, we are going to design the system properly to suit each family’s needs. With over 30 years in the business, we know how to do this and it’s not always quite that obvious what some people really need. I see so many systems that were just kind of “slapped” in a home – poorly designed and installed – and of course, the people don’t’ use it. What a waste.
5. Definitely more on this later as well, but our 24 hour central monitoring station is second to none!
6. 24 hour on call service. Most customers never need this but it’s nice to know you can always pick up the phone and speak to a real person right here locally which of course brings us to the fact that we are a locally owned company right here in Richmond, Va. We’ve been doing business here for over 30 years. We have an A+ rating with the BBB and the highest rating you can get with Angies List. I think that kind of says it all for home security in the Richmond Va. area call Dynamark now (804) 560-7233!